Email Restore Error 8209
b***@lexington1.net
2007-03-29 13:24:48 UTC
I have done this a dozen or more times and have never had any issues. I
have setup my restore area, gave the user rights and open the back. I can
view all the emails and open them from the backup. When I click the
restore function I get "GroupWise Error 8209 The path to the file is
invalid or the file does not exist" and on the agent "The database
facility reported error 8209 on ngwguard.db"

I have tried TID: 3864678 and 10056894. I am in the process of moving the
restored backup to the server with the PO.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue. GW 6.5 Netware 6.5 SP5.
Tommy Mikkelsen
2007-04-03 09:18:19 UTC
Are you in any way restricting the users concurrent
connections to the file-system ?

Also, does the POA have the needed rights, and is a valid
user and password provided in the poa file ?

And at last, is the NOS where the restore area is located also
Netware ?
--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB

Be a GroupWiseR, go http://www.groupwiser.net