Error 8925 & 8503
Kris
2005-06-23 19:59:54 UTC
Hello,
I recently merged two external domain GroupWise systems. Now, when users try
to share there calendars they get 8503 error. POA shows two errors:

a. sometimes I get last closure reason: protocol error

b. other times I get last closure reason: connection refused (8925)

c. other times Status is current and send-recieve is open. At this point
interestingly some (yes certain) users are not able to view shared
calendars. And they get 8503 error but POA still remains open.

Please help.

System:
Domain A and Domain B running
GW 6.5 SP4
NW 6.5 SP3 (OES)

Thanks
Kris
Tommy Mikkelsen
2005-06-25 19:16:53 UTC
8503
Check that the Users GUID are in place.

If not, do a TDR with a ConsoleOne with 6.5.4 SnapIn's in place.

To check the GUID, try the tool here, but note, that the stupid author
forgot to take into consideration, that foreign external entity doesn't
have a GUID :-)

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/tools/14442.html
--
Best Regards

Tommy Mikkelsen

IT Quality A/S
Denmark

Novell Support Forums SYSOP

Please Report back any success or failure, That way we all learn

Sorry, but no support through email

"I hate bugs".......Tommy Lee Jones, MIB
Kris
2005-06-28 12:48:50 UTC
Tom,
I opened a Trouble Ticket with Novell Tech Support. Basically they asked me
to change DNS name to IP Address in all the agents. Secondly, run Rebuild
database for both Postoffice and Domain on all the Groupwise systems. That
did it. I suspect when I merged the two external domains I guess Database
wasn't intact. But anyway it resolved.
They also recommended few other things to try (see below).
a. Update NIC Drivers to latest.
b. TCP/IP Stack update.
c. Check connectivity between Server to Switch. Enable Full Duplex.
d. If all fails, use Packet Scan.

Thank you for your valuable time. Hope this helps others too.

Regards,
Kris

PS: Technical support person wasn't very knowledgeable. I feel support forum
is lot better.
Tommy Mikkelsen
2005-06-28 15:09:28 UTC
Post by Kris
PS: Technical support person wasn't very knowledgeable. I feel
support forum is lot better.
Your welcome, and ThanX from all of us